- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Local Businesses
- Contact Us
Rick Rodgers Community Pool
The City of Winfield is seeking Part-Time Lifeguards Position. Duties include lifeguarding, cleaning pool, checking water chemical levels, working concession stand. A full job description and applications are available at the Winfield City Office, 115 N. Locust Street. Salaries based on qualifications and experience. Must be at least 15 years old and currently have possess or be willing to become certified by the American Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/First Aid/AED. Applications will be accepted until March 31st, 2021. EOE
LIFEGUARD JOB DESCRIPTION
Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must be 15 years of age. CPR Certified and Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
WInfield Community Pool
407 North Clark Street
Winfield , Iowa 52659