Public Works Department
JOB TITLE: Public Works Assistant
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for assisting in the operation, maintenance, and repair of the gas, water, and wastewater, the upkeep of the streets and parks, and any other work necessary and directed by the Public Works Director.
- Able to read meters if necessary
- Able to run snow equipment-maintainer, tractor with a blade, dump truck, street sweeper, and other equipment necessary to fulfill the position
- Assist in maintaining gas & water meters
- Required to complete rounds every third weekend and holidays as directed. Work schedules will be adjusted to allow time off for weekends and holidays worked to minimize overtime.
- Any other tasks assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent public relations skills
- Required at times to lift over 50 pounds
- Ability to obtain and keep a valid CDL driver’s license required by current City equipment
- Able to obtain the Water Certificates for a Winfield Water Dept.-Grade 2 Water Distribution and Grade 2 Water Treatment Operator and necessary CEUs to renew the certificate as necessary.
- Able to obtain Wastewater Certificate for a Grade 2 Wastewater Operator and necessary CEUs to renew the certificate as necessary.
- Subject to drug and alcohol random drug testing
- Residency requirement to be determined
- Must present a positive image of the City
- Needs to be honest and work cooperatively with other city employees and departments
- Should be organized and able to plan and make efficient use of time
The City of Winfield reserves the right to make revisions or additions to this position as they deem necessary.