Building & Sidewalks Permits

The Zoning Administrator will strive to assist you with your construction project in an efficient and accountable manner. He is responsible for permitting all construction and conducting inspections of all construction-related permits as well as issuance of Certificates of Occupancy, Fire Prevention, and Special Events.

The Zoning Administrator is responsible for:

  • Conducting building construction inspections
  • Issuing building permits
  • Reviewing building plans
  • Working directly with the Planning and Zoning Commission

Construction Permit is required for:

  •         All Fences (code 165.21)
  •         Sidewalk (code 136.07)
  •         Driveway (code 140.03)
  •         Any Structure erected, reconstructed or structurally altered to increase the exterior dimensions. (code 165.24)

To obtain a permit simply download the forms below or at City Hall. A $20.00 fee is due when the permit is summit to City Hall.  Give us a call and we will be happy to answer any questions for you. 

Image may contain: text that says 'Do You Need A Building Permit? Yes if you are: -changing the outside foot print of your house. -build or setting a storage shed (any type) -pouring concrete for any type of project. -installing any type of fence. DEWALT Not sure?? Call City Hall we are happy to help 319-257-6661'